Grand Canal Dock

Grand Canal Dock (Irish: Duga na Canála Móire) is an area in Ringsend near Dublin city centre, surrounding the Grand Canal Docks, an enclosed harbour or docking area between the River Liffey and the Grand Canal. Since 2000 the area has undergone significant redevelopment as part of the Dublin Docklands area redevelopment project. Grand Canal Dock contains Grand Canal Dock railway station (also known as Barrow Street Station) and Boland’s Mill, the national Waterways Visitor Centre, the Millennium Tower and the Grand Canal Theatre.

3 exposure HDR – 1/2, 1/40 and 1/10 @ f20 and ISO 200. Nikon D90 / Sigma 10-20.

Grand Canal Theatre

The Grand Canal Theatre is a new 2,111 capacity world class theatre in Dublin, Ireland which opened on 18 March 2010. Designed by Daniel Libeskind of New York and RHWL Architects of London, it is located in the Grand Canal Dock area and the concept of the theatre was created by Mike Adamson of Live Nation and the Docklands Development Authority as a touring theatre for Ballet, Opera, Musicals and Concerts.

It was officially opened with a performance of Swan Lake by the Russian State Ballet with Stars from the Bolshoi. It is the largest theatre in Ireland and is designed to present theatrical productions that were previously unable to visit Ireland. The acoustic, theatre technical systems, structural and building services designs were by Arup. Chartered Land were the Developers / Funders of the Grand Canal Theatre and Harry Crosbie is the lease holder of the theatre.

The theatre complements the larger 14,000 capacity concert venue, The O2, which is located in the same district. wikipedia

3 exposure HDR  1/30, 1/8 and 1/125  @ f20 and ISO 200. Processed in Photoshop and Photomatix.
Nikon D90 / Sigma 10-20.

Poolbeg Generating Station – Dublin

Poolbeg is situated adjacent to the now-decommissioned Pigeon House generating station, where electricity was first generated in 1903. The Pigeon House was previously a military barracks and the officers accommodation building still exists. It was used for power generation until it was decommissioned in 1976, and the Poolbeg plant is still known locally as the Pigeon House.

The modern Poolbeg station was constructed in two separate phases, beginning in the 1960s. The ESB decided to construct the station in 1965 and the initial development was completed in 1971 with the construction of Units 1 and 2 at a cost of 20 million Irish pounds. The original Pigeon House generators remained on standby duty until 1976. Unit 3 was completed in 1978 at a cost of 40 million pounds.

The combined cycle station was constructed in the 1990s. CG14 was commissioned in 1994, CG15 in 1998 and ST16 in 2001.

3 exposure HDR .8, 3 and 13 seconds @ f20 and ISO 200. Photomatix and Photoshop.

Nikon D90 / Sigma 10-20.

Poolbeg Lighthouse

Poolbeg Lighthouse in Dublin Bay was built in 1768 and initially operated on candlepower (reputedly the first in the world to do so) but changed to oil in 1786. It was re-designed and re-built into its present form in 1820. It is accessible from the Great South Wall.

3 exposure HDR  1/15, 1/4 and 1/60 @ f20 and ISO 200 tonemapped in Photomatix and adjustments in Photoshop.
Nikon D90 / Sigma 10-20